3.30.2008

Grandpa driving.

I have a tendency to drive pretty fast. There are a lot of times Becca tells me I should slow down and stop tailgaiting. Most of the time I tell her that the driver ahead of us should either get going or get out of the way. Then I slow down. Because she asks nicely.

Yesterday, we were driving to get dinner and Becca started laughing. I asked her what was so funny.

She told me I was driving like a grandpa.

Evidently, I've recently been driving at a less-than-normal clip. I took an exit yesterday at 25 MPH. Why? Because that's how fast the sign said to go. It's called safety.

Point being, a lot of things change when you're about to be a parent. I have to admit, I wasn't expecting it. I definitely didn't think I would start driving like a grandpa. But I'll take it.

Becca is feeling well - she's been having contractions on and off for the past few days. She's a trooper - I can't even explain how amazing she's been.

We're getting excited to start a new stage in this process. Sometimes it feels like it can't go fast enough.

Let's just hope it moves faster than my grandpa driving.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohh, cute little grandpa driver ;-) That's my good ol' brother-in-law! Love you both and the Baby (that's due today I believe). Woooh! ~Sarah

The Lambs said...

It's a good thing you didn't say driving like a grandma! Can't wait, Can't wait, Can't wait! Let the spoilin' begin!!!